Please Support Orgonomic Science Research at the DeMeo Laboratory -
Orgone Biophysical Research Lab - OBRL
A Personal Appeal from James DeMeo, PhD - December 2018
Dear Friends and Supporters of my research,
Recently I circulated an email with a reference link, detailing a new publication in the peer-reviewed science journal Water, about a discovery in both classical science and orgone biophysics, as made at my laboratory in rural Oregon. Controlled experimental investigations were made into the influences of the orgone energy accumulator (ORAC) upon water, proving by the methods of optical spectroscopy, that the ORAC can induce distilled water into a higher state of excitation and structural organization. This excited state of water also yields a subtle blue-colored fluorescence, exactly as Wilhelm Reich spoke about with his term orgonotic lumination. This new discovery proceeded from a line of investigation I've been following since 2009. Orgone charged water, I can say with confidence, firstly absorbs far ultra-violet or UV radiation in a strong manner, and then fluoresces or luminates in the near-UV and blue frequencies. Furthermore, and here is where it becomes exciting, a similar spectrographic "signature" was discovered in the rainwater and snow-melt from strong Pacific Ocean storms, in other spectrographic studies of highly-structured water (as with the G. Pollack "EZ" water discovery) and by biologists in water-solutions of nucleic acids and DNA. The ORAC study was unique, however, in how it induces these spectrographic signatures into distilled water, without any direct physical contact, as a radiant field effect. My findings thereby provide substantial proof that Reich's life-energy, the orgone, has profound similarities to the very "molecules of life", and to basic physico-chemical forces which are at work in atmospheric processes, and in laboratory water-structure experiments.
The published paper can be viewed or downloaded, without charge, from Volume 10 of the Water journal, here:
This new work further elevates Reich's stature as the scientific pioneer he was, but it is not the first time my work has verified Reich's research findings, at a high level of scientific inquiry.
Below I detail my prior research investigating and confirming Reich's prior body of work, with new discovery of my own, and also ask for your financial support, as a donation to my non-profit laboratory, such that my other on-going research projects can be continued. If you already know my past work, then skip down to the section on "Research at OBRL Today".
If you wish to make a donation right away, please do so here:
Otherwise, read on.
A Brief History of My Work
Some of you will know, I was the first university student to earn a PhD degree from a mainstream university where Reich's research was openly investigated. That was at the University of Kansas (KU), where I made a 2-year investigation of Wilhelm Reich's cloudbuster device, through the Geography-Meteorology Department. That study provided strong evidence that the device actually worked, showing a strong peak in rainfall across the entire State of Kansas within 24 hours after onset of operations.
I undertook another major project at KU, to earn the PhD degree, a multi-year cross-cultural and geographical investigation which powerfully confirmed Reich's sex-economic theory of human violence, with multiple new findings. An early period of peaceful human existence was documented in world regions of emerging ancient human cultures and civilizations. Wet and lush, garden-like conditions prevailed across those regions, conditions which were to utterly vanish within a few hundred years, with the onset of a generally ignored but major climate-change towards persisting drought and desert-formation at c.4000-3500 BC. It was the largest climate change to occur since the end of the Pleistocene Ice Age, turning the large territory of Saharasia (North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia) from a well-watered grassland-forest into bone-dry and hyperarid desert. Maps of various cultural indicators for infant-trauma, sex-repression, social violence and organized warfare were produced, affirming one of Reich's most central findings on their positive correlations, and proving out their causal nature by geographical mapping methods. That work integrated the evidence from several major disciplines - archaeology, history, ethnography, climatology and geography - in a location-specific timeline methodology that was unique to my study. That body of work was, and still is, the largest global cross-cultural study of human sexuality and family life, with related correlates to social violence and war, that had ever been undertaken. Those findings were foundational and explosive, powerfully confirming Reich's sex-economic clinical and social observations, and even more controversial than the cloudbuster study. My findings were published as summary articles in several mainstream academic journals, and later in a major book: Saharasia: The 4000-3500 BC Origins of Child Abuse, Sex-Repression, Warfare and Social Violence, In the Deserts of the Old World.
Many will know, I survived as a young professor teaching at major universities for about ten years, even as the well-funded and organized "skeptic groups" put me in their cross-hairs, for violent slander attacks just as bad as what Reich experienced, except I was never "investigated" by the FDA nor dragged into courtrooms for my controversial research findings. I also had been studying other 20th-Century scientific pioneers whose work was suggestive of a cosmic energy similar to Reich's orgone, such as Harold Burr, Giorgio Piccardi, Frank Brown, Dayton Miller and others, writing various articles that argued for the similarities (and differences) between them.
In 1989, with immense public slanders and dirty-tricks committed against me, including a death threat, hounding my work and personal existence, I went independent and moved to California, struggling for another four years to build up my own private institute, the non-profit Orgone Biophysical Research Lab. An affordable property was located in the old-growth forested Greensprings region of rural Southwest Oregon, with similar strong and sweet orgonotic qualities as Reich found at his Orgonon, in the forests of rural Maine.
I wrote the popular Orgone Accumulator Handbook, now into its 3rd edition, educating a new generation of young people to the facts of Reich's basic life-energy discovery, with plans on building simple orgone accumulators and blankets, and sound guidance on their usage. A new journal was started, Pulse of the Planet, by which to report on my new findings, given a growing Academic blacklisting and black-out which descended upon my work.
My research with the Reich cloudbuster had continued since the years at KU, and with help from volunteers, major droughts were ended in Illinois, the Southeast USA, the Midwest and in California. However, no institutional support was ever given to my research on this subject until after going independent. With a kind donation from Louis Hochberg, for whom the Hochberg Awards program was later set up, a major systematic study of the cloudbuster on pre-determined dates was undertaken in the American Southwestern deserts. That study showed a distinct rainfall-doubling effect over a broad territory, encompassing Southeast California, Southern Nevada and all of Arizona - once again proving the cloudbuster's influence was exceptional, beyond anything possible through the usual cloudseeding methods. I presented lectures about that project to major scientific groups, such as the Association of American Geographers, and Association for Arid Lands Studies, which produced little more than an alarming disinterest. While my lectures on Saharasian climate changes and the cloudbuster were routinely published and presented in scientific forums, a growing hostility was palpable, which was another reason for my going into private research.
With spreading word about the results of my experimental work, and continued support from volunteers and kind donors, I was invited by the governments of Israel to end a major drought there. The next year, another invitation came from the government of Namibia, stimulated by friends who knew of my research, to help put an end to an extended serious drought. In both cases, of Israel and Namibia, application of Reich's methods resulted in a quick end - within about 10 days of work - to serious, multi-year droughts. Shortly thereafter, I was asked to lead a team into the Horn of Africa, into Eritrea specifically, to apply Reich's methods to a serious 30-year drought situation, which had led to a situation of agricultural and economic desperation, mitigated only by international food aid. Our team applied the Reich methods and within a week, almost as a miracle, the skies began to fill with heavy clouds and downpours of rain followed. The long drought was ended. The Eritrean government then invited me to return, on mutual agreement, for a 5-year project and evaluation, after which a public presentation to the scientific community would be made on the results.
From 1994 through 1999, that project was undertaken, with the results of spreading excellent rains over the entire region. Flows down the Nile River were increased such that by 1998, Lake Nasser behind the Aswan High Dam in Egypt began to fill for the first time since its construction in the mid-1960s. Lake Nasser eventually was filled to over-flowing, with excess waters shunted out its spillways into the open Sahara Desert, where five gigantic new lakes were created in formerly barren dry desert depressions - the Toshka Lakes. With continued overflow from Lake Nasser, those lakes grew so large one could not see across them to the other side, and Egypt later exploited them for farming. While a regrettable war situation developed shortly thereafter between Eritrea and Ethiopia, forcing an end to our project, the results were overwhelmingly spectacular, and constituted a major proof of Reich's methods and genius. Today, unfortunately, the Toshka Lakes are nearly dried up, as the wonderful increase in rains over the period of our work in Eritrea ended two years after the last operations ended. The region has today returned to episodic drought and war-chaos. But you can still see remnants of the Toshka Lakes on Google Earth, or in recent articles on the subject.
I wrote reports and articles on all these projects, some circulated to agricultural organizations, to the United Nations Environmental Program, to academics studying problems in droughts and deserts, and few claimed "open minded" politicians or activist billionaires with a reputation for "caring". I also published articles and gave lectures on the subject at different scientific-scholarly societies, providing robust data analysis of their results to prove out the exact dates when the experimental work began, and when atmospheric changes and onset of rains occurred. The social reactions to all these efforts, with few exceptions, was one of disbelief, silent back-turning and walking away, or outright hostility bordering on violent emotional explosions. And the ones who responded favorably were already under attack and isolated without funding for their own projects, given related controversies (ie, that desert-dust transport could trigger droughts at a great distance). After spending much of the 1990s doing such hard and difficult field work, and with few exceptions, I retired from the cloudbusting - excepting for mostly failed efforts to raise funds for a multi-year project against the severe USA California and Southwest droughts, which seem to endlessly recur.
Even before this period of international work in some of the world's most stagnated droughty and desert regions, I always focused upon high-level experimental replications of Reich's laboratory findings on the orgone accumulator and the orgone energy itself. In this direction, efforts at the new OBRL facility in Oregon allowed for improvements not previously possible. Over that entire 40+ years, I undertook new experimental efforts, bullet-proof from classically-known objections, confirming Reich's findings on the following:
* A new water evaporation-suppression and humidity effect was documented in the orgone accumulator that was not present in control experiments.
* A replication of Reich's basic bion experiments, with color microphotographs that were later shown to an International Symposium on Pleomorphism, with published paper and YouTube video.
* The slight warming, thermal anomaly in the orgone accumulator, Reich's To-T experiment which was the center subject of his contact with Einstein, was approached in a new experimental protocol, proving it was a real effect and no artifact. The To-T effect always stood as a challenge to the 2nd Law of thermodynamics, and my work proved it out in ways more robust and bullet-proof to the usual criticisms than the prior good studies, revealing its central relationship to orgonotic lumination produced by the Sun, but not to daily temperature variation.
* Reproductions of the electroscopical discharge anomaly, wherein a static electroscope is slowed in its discharge rate inside an orgone accumulator with open door, by comparison to a cardboard box with open door. The electrical density inside the accumulator is stronger than in open air, or inside other non-accumulating enclosures, even when the doors are left open for free air circulation.
* Reproduction of the vacuum-GM effect, wherein a Geiger-counter tube soaked in an orgone accumulator would yield variations in its count-activity, by comparison to an uncharged one. My work on this used specialized neutron-counting GM apparatus, thereby suggesting a relationship between orgone energy to the neutron, as the possible "glue" for atomic nuclei.
* I also made the first photos of a blue-glowing VACOR tube since Reich's time, finding also they could be brought to lumination point merely by stroking with the hand. One electrophysicist who visited the OBRL and witnessed this effect declared "That Can't Happen!"
* A three year study of orgone-charged mung beans showed they would sprout more quickly and to longer lengths than an un-charged group of beans from the same source, with an approximate 40% growth increase.
* I've also undertaken small experimental and historical investigations along the lines of the old ether-drift experiments. A sensitive GPS device was evaluated at OBRL over several years, indicating its "drift error" was something systematic, related to geographical and cosmical coordinates. Several of my research papers re-evaluating the early ether-drift experiments, showing many of them did in fact detect a cosmic ether, have been published. Notably, I have shown how the variations in those ether-drift experiments yield results fully congruent with Reich's cosmic coordinate system as published in his milestone work Cosmic Superimposition.
Several of my new books have also been published in recent years, beyond Saharasia and the Orgone Accumulator Handbook, often with an historical outlook.
* In Defense of Wilhelm Reich: Opposing the 80-Years' War of Mainstream Defamatory Slander Against One of the 20th Century's Most Brilliant Physicians and Natural Scientists
* Marx Engels Lenin Trotsky: Genocide Quotes. The Hidden History of Communism's Founding Tyrants, in their Own Words. This work was produced as a warning to contemporary "Reichians" who often seem more Marxist than Reichist, as well as to youth culture who too-frequently carry the alarming and fully ignorant sentiment that "Communism is Cool". It exposes shocking materials which Wilhelm Reich did not know about during his early Marxist period, but which he began to ascertain only during his American period of work, when he became a vocal anti-communist.
Beyond all the above work and activities organized through the OBRL - the overseas expeditions at drought-relief, the laboratory experiments, the publishing of new books and articles, giving lectures at scientific conferences - a series of summer educational seminars was launched during the 1990s and attended by many professionals and young students alike. Up to three weekend seminars and a guided independent study program were offered each summer at OBRL over many years. Invited guest lectures were also given at OBRL by others in scientific or medical orgonomy, and on related matters the list would be too long to easily summarize. Today, these seminars are restricted to one weekend summer event every two years at OBRL.
For those with interests in the exacting details of my work, I have posted PDF copies of my research papers and PowerPoint lecture slides to the big Academia.edu website, where they can be obtained for free readings and downloads. Here:
What I find most amazing is how my approximate 90 research articles on this website are already being read and downloaded by a great many mainstream academics and university students, placing me within the top 1% or 2% of the many millions of global Academia.edu members, who have already reviewed my published articles more than 44,000 times. Without anticipating anything of this sort, my work is stimulating a resurgence of interest in Wilhelm Reich's science among more open-minded university faculty and students, as well as among the independent researchers. A similar situation has developed on the smaller but influential ResearchGate.net website, where my materials are also posted for easy access, with more than 34,000 reviews.
I've also created a YouTube channel, as a means of public education and standing up to the "skeptic clubbers", which today has around 650,000 item views and more than a 2000 followers.
None of this public attention was planned ahead or expected. It merely happened in the course of doing focused serious experimental work, speaking plainly to the facts when opportunity allowed, making my publications and research findings available to the public, and not concealing my strong interests in the subject of Wilhelm Reich and his orgonomic science.
Research at OBRL Today
Today, my work is primarily devoted to laboratory research, writing and lecturing when the opportunity presents itself. But all this new work is limited by the absence of funding. All the attention to my publications has not, unfortunately, opened up the subject to the high-level Mainstream Mandarins who dominate science funding and institutional access. While OBRL in the past acquired funding sufficient to launch overseas projects, and to construct the main laboratory building, mostly this work has developed out of my own financial resources, supplemented by donors who valued my research productivity. Only very rarely has OBRL received funding support from governments or mainstream institutions.
This is why today I am once again reaching out for donor-support of my ongoing and new research and investigations. This appeal is not oriented towards emergency cloudbusting work, as I have made in the past, but rather for support of new laboratory research, now underway and planned for the future at OBRL.
Allow me to briefly discuss that work, which is most exciting and important.
1. I continue to investigate the subject of spectroscopy and how the orgone accumulator can affect the optical characteristics of water and open air. New spectrographic equipment is sorely needed to make broader investigations, to supplement the excellent equipment already used for the water-structure findings. An effort is currently underway attempting to identify the spectral characteristics of open air, inside and outside of the orgone accumulator, to see if the orgone energy in the atmosphere can be identified by its optical characteristics, much as we can sometimes see it with our eyes. This requires a completely different set of instrumentation.
2. A new effort was also initiated around some years ago, a replication of Reich's orgone motor. Along that line, over decades I experimentally confirmed many foundational studies on atmospheric electricity and similar factors, even reproducing some of the old Tesla experiments. With some disappointment, I also reviewed the larger subject of "free energy", finding most of the claims to be over-estimated and poorly documented. This included a few large claims being made about the orgone motor itself. I've taken a more serious scientific approach. This forced an improvement in my knowledge of electronics, about which I got the basics as a teenager, in constructing amplifiers and radio equipment, a hobby of sorts which today finds application in construction of new electronic circuitry for orgonomic investigations. I've acquired several of the old spinner motors Reich used in his original orgone motor experiments. And in related studies, the phenomenon of gravitation as Reich detailed in a few of his last publications, is under renewed experimental investigation. Already several "gravitator" devices have been successfully produced, showing significant motional characteristics, following lines of investigation started by both Reich and T. Brown in the 1950s. At some point, a preliminary report will be issued.
A new book on the historical ether-drift experiments is nearing completion, with the preliminary title "The Dynamic Motional Ether and Life-Energy of Cosmic Space". This work presents the similarities between the older cosmic ether of space, and the cosmic life energy, the orgone energy, and should be published early in 2019. As Reich noted, the older theory of cosmic ether was a useful concept, prematurely discarded. My study of these issues, dating back to the 1970s, indicates the ether was discarded by mainstream astrophysics for political, and not scientific reasons. As my book will report in detail, many diverse scientists have independently measured the cosmic ether, plotting very similar astronomical vectors of ether-drift as to what Reich wrote about in his Cosmic Superimposition. Many scientists have detected this cosmic energy in physical, chemical and biological experiments. Reich was not alone in his opinion.
The future will also bring forth a long delayed book on my cloudbusting experiments, and the controlling nature of the Saharasian Desert Belt on global climate. This is an important correction against the modern-day thought about "global warming" being created by CO2 increases. Also delayed but still planned for the future, my "Saharasia Since 1900" book. An abundance of new research findings has taken precedence in recent years, allowing less time for writing than is desired. But these also are on-track and not forgotten.
My research into Reich's work and related concepts has been focused and on-going now for 40+ years, starting in 1970, when I began walking down this path as a young undergraduate student. Today, the OBRL facility is an excellent place where this research has continued since 1994, and will continue for many decades into the future. Research along these new paths as laid out above should result in additional new and important findings. I hope you will join with me in this quest and adventure, helping to fund the research, to attend my seminars, and to purchase and enjoy the books and research materials as are periodically offered to the public, as many of you have in the past. And if all the material presented above is new to you, then truly you must get on the OBRL mailing list for future notifications, as is available through the weblinks and pop-up window on all my websites. This is not a discussion group, to eat up your time, but an occasional one-way notification channel from OBRL to you, and we never share our email lists with anyone.
Your Support is Necessary, Critical, and Much Appreciated
Today I ask those who are able to make a donation for the future of orgonomy, to help fund my research and sustenance of the good work being undertaken at OBRL. If everyone reading this could give a $50 or $100, or greater donation, based upon the several thousand people on my mailing lists, that would bring a sum sufficient for OBRL needs over several years into the future, and all immediate necessary equipment needs would be met. Again, all donations to OBRL this time will be fully reserved for research here at my institute in Oregon, and not for field work anywhere else. OBRL also has no regular employees taking a salary, so donations go directly to equipment and other research-related necessities.
OBRL is a 501-c-3 non-profit research and educational foundation, approved by the IRS for tax-deductible donations. Please make your donation as soon as possible, for funding of this important research, and also consider to include OBRL into your will or testament.
You can donate by using our on-line webpage:
You can use your credit card to make a donation through PayPal, which does not require membership to use their service. They also allow recurring payments, where your monthly donation would be very helpful and appreciated.
Checks or money-orders can also be made out to "Orgone Biophysical Research Lab", or simply "OBRL", and sent to the following postal address:
PO Box 1148, Ashland, Oregon 97520 USA
Also consider to make a bequest in your will to OBRL.
Contact me directly if you have questions or wish to make a donation by bank-wire.
And for this Christmas-holiday season, consider to give the gift of knowledge, and purchase our books, for your gift-giving. Or, get them for your post-Christmas gift to yourself. They are all found on Amazon.com or other big on-line bookstores, or can be ordered at most street-side bookstores. A listing of the titles with covers can be found here:
Please share this email with your friends and social networks.
With every good wish for Christmas, Hannuka, the Holidays and the 2019 New Year,
James DeMeo, PhD
Director, Orgone Biophysical Research Lab
Ashland, Oregon, USA
Published Articles, Reports, Videos and Books
To view past OBRL postings, see here: