Friday, December 21, 2007
OBRL Quarterly #17, December 2007
This year 2007 marked a very busy time at the OBRL Greensprings Center, and for me personally. In addition to on-going research, writing and publishing projects, I was invited to speak at several major Conferences devoted to remembering Wilhelm Reich on the 50th anniversary of his passing. Below I will flesh out the details on these events and activities, and give some ideas of what's up for 2008. For now, I wish to thank everyone who has supported my work and OBRL over the many years. I've been engaged in the study of Reich's work, experimental orgonomy, since around 1970, and OBRL marks its founding since 1978. So that's 38 years of difficult but rewarding work, three decades alone through OBRL, now starting into the fourth decade. My thanks and best wishes to all, and especially a big cosmic Thank You to the spirit of Wilhelm Reich, as humanity leaps and stumbles into the 21st Century. James DeMeo
* The annual OBRL Summer Guided Independent Study Program on General Orgonomy was held at the Greensprings Center in early July. Thanks to all who attended. That event will be repeated in early August of Summer 2008. Full details are now available on the OBRL website:
Dr. DeMeo was also an invited speaker at the following conferences in 2007, marking a remembrance of Wilhelm Reich on the 50th year after his passing:
* A major Conference was held in Rangeley Maine, hosted by the Wilhelm Reich Museum. That event, which lasted 4 days over late July and early August, was entitled Wilhelm Reich in the 21st Century: 2007 International Conference on Orgonomy. A list of the presenters and description of that event, which drew around 100 participants from all over the world, is given here: http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/07_08_update.html#success
A big thanks to Kevin Hinchey, Mary Higgins, and other WR Museum friends and volunteers, for their gracious hospitality and organizational efforts.
* Another major Conference, entitled Orgonomy Today was held in Chipping Village, Lancashire, United Kingdom, as organized by Peter Jones and his CORE (Centre for Orgonomic Research & Education) organization. This 7-day event allowed speaker's presentations mixed with demonstrations of apparatus and experimental orgonomic principles. A full-sized orgone accumulator was available, along with magnificent optics for viewing orgone energy movement in the atmosphere, as well as a microscope for viewing of simple bion preparations, and living blood. Seed charging in the orgone accumulator was demonstrated (with about a 30% boost in the orgone-charged group as compared to the control), along with the Life-Energy Meter, a To-T apparatus, darkroom visualization of orgone energy lumination, and other essentials. The last two days were devoted to a special session on New Research In Orgonomy, with a more compressed lineup of speakers, A booklet of Abstracts of presented papers was made available, and also is now posted to internet as a PDF download:
A big thanks to Peter Jones for his warm hospitality, and nearly single-handed effort in organizing this Conference.
* Another major Conference was held in Valencia, Spain, entitled 50 Years After Reich: A Life Movement. Held over 2-5 November, this event was primarily for the Spanish-speaking world with interests in Reich's work. Nearly 200 persons were in attendance. For more details, see here:
* Additionally, Dr. DeMeo gave lectures in Berlin, at the invitation of Prof. Bernd Senf, at his Lecture Series held at the Fachhochschule fur Wirtschaft, and in Paris at the invitation of Dr. Klaus Heiman.
The above events were only a part of the conference offerings of 2007 in Remembering Reich. There were others in Europe and the USA not mentioned here. Taken together, they are indicative of a sustained and growing interest in Wilhelm Reich's discoveries, around the world. Once more, a big thanks to all who organized those events, and for their kind invitations.
While this e-Newsletter will always be in English, new subscribers are reminded there are translations of Dr. DeMeo's summary article on Saharasia into those languages, and others, as found on the Saharasia home page: http://www.saharasia.org The articles are specifically found here:
Please note the French-language translation is only a summary-abstract. A French translator is sought for the entire article, however, as well as translators for this same article into other world languages. Arabic and Farsi (Persian) would be most helpful.
Extracted from Dr. DeMeo's on-line publication's list, here:
INTERNET-POSTED ARTICLES & ESSAYS:
- "Update on Saharasia II: Reviewing Global Sex-Economic Conditions After c.1900", Abstracts of Papers booklet, New Research in Orgonomy Conference, Chipping Village Hall, Lancashire, UK, 18-19 August 2007. Internet Posted: http://www.orgonelab.org/Abstracts2007.pdf
- "New Experiments at OBRL: Reich's Geiger-Muller and To-T Effects Confirmed", Abstracts of Papers booklet, New Research in Orgonomy Conference, Chipping Village Hall, Lancashire, UK, 18-19 August 2007. Internet Posted: http://www.orgonelab.org/Abstracts2007.pdf
- "The Suppression of Dissent and Innovative Ideas In Science and Medicine: A Work In Progress", First presented to a Special Session at the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, San Francisco 1994; also presented to Special Sessions at the Southwestern and Rocky Mountain Division, American Association for the Advancement of Science, at the 72nd Annual Meeting, 1996, Northern AZ Univ., Flagstaff, Arizona, and 74th Annual Meeting, Mesa State College, Grand Jct. Colorado. Internet Publication Only. http://www.orgonelab.org/suppression.htm
- "Critical Review: Dusan Makavejev's WR Mysteries of the Organism", Internet Publication only: http://www.orgonelab.org/makavejev.htm
- "Book Review: The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time (Nichols, Moon), reprinted from Pulse of the Planet #4, 1993, p.140. Internet Publication 2007: http://www.orgonelab.org/montauk.htm
- "Growing Nonsense About Wilhelm Reich and Orgone Energy on Global Internet", Internet Publication only: http://www.orgonelab.org/orgonenonsense.htm
- "Maps From the Ethnographic Atlas Data: A Defense of the Cross-Cultural Codes and Data Base of G. P. Murdock and the Quadruple-Blind Control Procedures Used in my Saharasia Research", Internet Publication only: http://www.orgonelab.org/murdockdata.htm
- "The First World Congress on Matriarchal Studies in Luxemburg, 2003: Personal Observations and Reflections, And a Response to Criticism", Internet Publication only: http://www.orgonelab.org/MatriarchyCongress2003.htm
PUBLISHED BUT NOT INTERNET-POSTED
- "Climate and Soils: Their Influence Upon Human Health and Society" (Abstract), Soils Science Society of America, Annual Convention,12-16 Nov.2006, Indianapolis, Indiana. Abstracts contained in HPSSS Newsletter, December 2007, p.16.
- "Foreword to the English Edition" in Wilhelm Reich and the Healing of Atmospheres: Modern Techniques for the Abatement of Desertification by Roberto Maglione, Natural Energy Works/Orgone Biophysical Research Lab, Ashland, Oregon, p.x-xii, 2007.
- "Intervista a James DeMeo sugli siviluppi della ricerca orgonica negli ultimi 50 anni, (Interview with James DeMeo)", Italian Translation by Roberto Maglione, Chapter 8 in Wilhelm Reich: Una Formidabile Awentura Scientifica E Humana, Luigi DeMarchi & Vincenzo Valenzi, Editors, Macro Edizioni, Italy, p.165-184, 2007.
- "Wilhelm Reich's Sexual Theories", Italian Translation by Roberto Maglione, in Scienza e Conoscenza, October 2007.
* WILHELM REICH AND THE HEALING OF ATMOSPHERES: Modern Techniques for the Abatement of Desertification, by Roberto Maglione. It can be purchased from here:
Some of this was noted in our last Newsletter, but additional details are now added.
* Work continues on round-the-clock monitoring of the thermal anomaly in the orgone accumulator, or To-T. Of special note is the observation of a definite increase in the To-T readings starting around mid-March, the time of the Spring Equinox, when the Earth moves into what appears to be a strong streaming or pulse of energy in space. By December, in the throes of early Winter and typical blizzard conditions in the mountains, the readings have collapsed down to nearly a zero thermal anomaly.
* Also with continued monitoring, anomalous readings are developing from our orgone-charged GM/neutron counter, which soars episodically from nearly zero to several thousand CPM. A control unit, of identical construction, but not orgone-charged, gives typical readings of 0-2 CPM. After being rather "dead" for s period of many months, without significant readings, I considered the apparatus might have been damaged in some unknown manner. Then suddenly, with the onset of the new solar sunspot cycle, the readings began to soar once again. Reich also noted his orgone-charged GM readings were similarly related to sunspots.
* Our digital archive project continues, with transfers being made of OBRL's considerable archive of old VHS, U-Matic and Hi-8 videotapes onto digital DVDs, for long-term storage. The VHS collection is nearly finished, but much remains to be done. A section of the laboratory building, in the attic section under the observatory, has been set aside for this purpose. This project has been greatly delayed in the wait for new high-definition digital recording equipment to become available in the USA.
* As noted in the last Quarterly Newsletter, I had organized but then cancelled a major CORE-cloudbusting operation in Australia when natural rains broke out by spontaneously. That project was then cancelled. I've also been asked to organize projects against the on-going drought conditions in both the SW and SE USA. It appears, however, that much of those droughts may be ended spontaneously also, by nature, with this winter's rainy conditions. Time will tell. It always is best if nature relieves these situations spontaneously. In the event the droughts persist into early 2008, operational draw-sites would be necessary in those regions, and I would be happy to communicate with persons living in the SW or SE who might have concrete suggestions.
* For 2008, I hope to cut into new territory, expanding upon the orgone-charged GM experiments, and also undertaking a few new experiments on the cosmic ether-drift question, exploring methods as pioneered by contemporary physicists working on these subjects. A few added details may be found in our fundraising letter, reproduced below, and more will be said in later OBRL-Quarterly Newsletters once these ideas congeal into practical work.
* A 5-day Laboratory Seminar on General Orgonomy (Sex-Economy and Orgone Biophysics) led by James DeMeo will be held at the OBRL Greensprings Center in Summer 2008, from 2-6 August, Saturday through the following Wednesday. An Open House Social will be held on Friday afternoon and evening, August 1st, just before the Seminar, with an optional field trip to Crater Lake on Thursday August 7th, after the Seminar.
The program will consist of a mix of lectures and open discussions, with demonstrations of apparatus and orgone energy phenomenon using the facilities of OBRL.
Topics to be covered will include (as humanly possible and as time allows):
* Reich's sex-economic findings and DeMeo's findings on Saharasia.
* Bioelectrical experiments and environmental bio-fields.
* Microscopical investigations of bions and bion preparations.
* Orgone accumulator construction principles.
* Orgone accumulator seed-sprouting experiments.
* Orgone accumulator physical measurements and demonstrations: To-T, Electroscopical phenomena, water evaporation and surface tension.
* Observations in the Orgone Energy Accumulator Darkroom (room-sized accumulator) and of atmospheric orgone energy phenomena.
* Oranur physics and chemistry: Direct work with a cloud-chamber, studying background and low-level radioactive minerals.
* Orgone-charged vacuum tubes (VACOR) and orgone energy lumination.
* The Orgone Energy Field Meter, and similar devices.
* The Orgone Energy Motor: What is known, and unknown.
* Astronomical and orgone-energy observations in the OBRL Greensprings Observatory, with 16" Meade Richey-Cretein telescope, 3" aperture "battleship binoculars", and H-alpha filter Solar telescope and Solarscope.
* Differentiation between Reich's authentic biography and orgone energy discovery, and the various "orgone gadgets" and falsifiers.
* Field Trip on August 7th to Crater Lake National Park (optional, and weather permitting).
More details and registration information is found on the Events page:
Natural Energy Works, the mail-order and on-line bookstore for OBRL, has a selection of books on innovative scientific discoveries & heresies, avoiding the usual mystical mumbo-jumbo, all by solid research scientist, including works by Wilhelm Reich, James DeMeo, Harold Burr, Giorgio Piccardi... a "Who's Who" list of the "banished and nearly forgotten scientists" of the 20th Century, whose work will hopefully guide the 21st. Also a great selection of electromagnetic field meters, the new Experimental Life Energy Meter, and much more. Come browse at your leisure and get those items you always wanted, but nobody thought to give you for Christmas.
You can also review the following letter at our website, which contains a lot of interesting photographs of the OBRL facilities and work, here:
OBRL Funding Request - December 2007
Orgone Biophysical Research Lab
VIEW THE OBRL WEBSITES AT:
Beginning OBRL's Fourth Decade of Work
Dear Friend of Orgonomy, and of OBRL,
Please Support our Research and Educational Efforts.
At this time of year, I wish to thank those of you who have already supported OBRL, and ask those of you who have not to please consider it now. Please consider the scope of work-efforts which have been supported and organized through OBRL over the last 30 years, projects which have made a real difference.
I started OBRL in 1978, as an idea at the time when I was a university student and young professor, undertaking open investigations of Wilhelm Reich's pioneering work. A few donors friendly to my work-efforts, plus my own out-of-pocket contributions helped with critical equipment purchases. OBRL then existed only in a suitcase, as a dream, and it followed me, as I changed employment to other universities, where eventually small laboratory space was developed and supported through OBRL. With help from interested donors, I undertook a number of important drought-abatement operations in the USA, using Reich's CORE methods, and my Saharasia research project developed, eventually into a major book which today is helping to bring Reich's sex-economic findings into open discussion within the academic world. You can get a summary overview of my Saharasia findings and book by accessing these websites:
In the 1980s, as many of my friends know, I was subject to a malicious smear campaign by Emotional Plague journalists, "skeptic club" members, and hostile academics. These attacks lasted for more than 15 years, and were complete with malicious hate-mail to family, friends and professional associates, with terrible smear attacks against my name and work in magazines and newspapers, and even threats against my life and home. It was nothing so severe as what Wilhelm Reich suffered, but the result was to tarnish my work as "too controversial" for the academic world, where my work had been otherwise exemplary. I was subsequently excommunicated from full-time academic teaching, and the subject of my research findings placed into the modern-day Index Expurgatorius. In some ways, I should thank those hate-mongers, as this gave me the freedom and inspiration to work fully independent of the constraints of the universities. That freedom was necessary to build up OBRL.
By 1988, moving to the West Coast USA, I began independently writing and teaching, and OBRL grew to become the vehicle for sustaining my work, and developing the Greensprings Center near Ashland, Oregon. I was asked by persons in regions suffering from terrible droughts to come and help out, using Reich's CORE methods which I had been researching successfully at the universities, and OBRL became the vehicle for funding of those operations. When my articles and books on orgonomic life-energy subjects elicited panic-reactions or scorn from academic reviewers, they were published through OBRL, and got an even larger circulation than in the academic journals. While the angry academics banished me from using their laboratories or getting research funding for experimental equipment, and blockaded my contact with "their" students, OBRL helped to construct an important new high-altitude laboratory and seminar building in the forest at over 4000 ft. elevation, with exceptionally clean air and excellent orgone-energetic conditions allowing study of basic life-energetic processes. And "their" students, the brightest and the best, came to study at OBRL. Strong orgone energy accumulators and a large Orgone Energy Darkroom were constructed at the Greensprings Center, something not possible to do in more contaminated environments given the hazards of toxic energetic reactions. Many of Reich's most critical experiments have since been reproduced here, verified with excellent results, while others are in planning for the future.
The OBRL Greensprings Center also hosted many weekend seminars and conferences, wherein students and professionals come for education and direct study of orgone energy phenomenon, for education on the basics of orgonomy, to see the bions and experience the orgone accumulator, to get the facts on my Saharasia findings as regarding the Origins of Armoring or Origins of Violence question (which matches Reich's findings exactly, but with new aspects), and so forth. In short, all the functions of some future "University Department of Orgonomic Research" which was never allowed so far, is today being carried forward at the OBRL Greensprings Center in a direct and uncompromised manner -- education, research, and social applications.
OBRL has published five issues of our small but respected journal "Pulse of the Planet", as well as my "Saharasia" and several other books, plus maintaining informative internet sites and an E-Newsletter, with many materials available in multiple world languages. OBRL maintains a truly international correspondence, with the growing number of people interested in this new knowledge. The OBRL website provides a listing of my own publications, which also demonstrate an excellent record of accomplishment, especially in moving Reich's name and orgonomic science out of the shadows and into more mainstream scientific venues. See here:
OBRL also hosts an on-line Bibliography on Orgonomy which I developed starting back in 1985, which allows anyone, world-wide, to search out Wilhelm Reich's publications, as well as the bulk of authentic materials devoted to Reich by other scientists and clinicians.
You can review these and other accomplishments supported through OBRL, or events in which OBRL helped support, at these weblinks:
- "Report on OBRL Summer 2003 Educational Events"- New Research in Orgonomy Conferences, Paper Abstract Booklets- "OBRL Progress Report, Summer 2006"
On the eve of OBRL's fourth decade of existence, I have compiled a summary-list of old and new projects in the works, our plans for continued expansion of research activity, educational outreach, and facilities. For example:
* Building Projects at the Greensprings Center: Since 1995, and almost every year since, the OBRL Greensprings Center has hosted lively seminars and educational events, including the 2005 New Research in Orgonomy Conference, held outdoors under the trees on a specially-constructed stage. However, there is a need to expand our laboratory-seminar building by extending the first-floor to accommodate a larger group of people, and to thereby make the Laboratory usable for seminars during the rainy and snowy winter months. This will also provide more laboratory space. Already this summer 2007, a small storage-building which doubles as a student cabin, with a generous sleeping loft, was constructed. An older storage out-building on the property will also be converted into a livable workspace.
* Experimental Projects on around-the-clock automated To-T and Geiger-Muller counter reactions continue, but the equipment is constantly overtaxed, and in need of periodic maintenance and replacement. I hope to expand these important experiments to include automated systems for measuring electroscopical discharge rates, and other novel experiments pioneered by Reich. Some preliminary experimental work on the 19th Century "cosmic ether-drift" question is also under discussion, using modern equipment and new approaches already published in recent years. See my article on the Miller ether-drift experiments for mention of some of these:
An older experiment on Living Water, or water-structuring inside the orgone accumulator, using surface tension and spectroscopical parameters, was pushed into the background over the last several years, without progress. Those experiments will also be revived and approached with new energy in 2008.
* CORE Research and Applications: With the growth of political instability in the world's great desert regions, I've retreated from efforts aimed at desert-greening, being quite content with the marvelous results from the 1990s work undertaken in Israel, Namibia and Eritrea. Those experiments generously confirmed Reich's ideas on the desert-greening abilities of the CORE methods. You can review a summary of those results here:
Consequently, OBRL is today focusing attention with CORE-cloudbusting efforts only in the stable democratic nations. All such efforts continue to be developed in cooperation with the CORE Network, which today has an international outreach.
* OBRL Publishing Projects in the coming years: In the planning stages are the following new books:
- New Research in Orgonomy, Proceedings from two conferences held in 2005 and 2007, respectively as sponsored by OBRL at the Greensprings Center, and by CORE in Chipping, Lancashire, UK. (Pulse of the Planet #6)
- Greening Deserts: my long-delayed book on CORE-Cloudbusting work, with an overview of modern problems in climatology.
- Saharasia Since 1900: A survey of sex-economic conditions in the modern world, using nation-state data as gathered by international agencies like the UN or WHO, to address the relative levels of human armoring and violence-potential around the world, with new maps, taking up from the anthropological time-line where the original Saharasia book left off.
- New Experiments on the Cosmic Ether-Drift: A review of the work of Miller, Michelson-Pease-Pearson, Galaev, Cahill, and others indicating this is a real and demonstrated ether, similar to Reich's orgone energy, which has been suppressed by the politics of science.
- Suppressed and (Nearly) Forgotten Scientific Innovators of the 20th Century: A chapter-by-chapter review and theoretical integration of the works of scientists such as Wilhelm Reich, Frank Brown, Giorgio Piccardi, Dayton Miller, Halton Arp, Harold Hillman, Royal Rife, Jacques Benveniste, Peter Duesberg, Robert O. Becker, Immanuel Velikovsky, Hannes Alfven, Louis Kervran, Bjorn Nordenstrom, Michel Gauquelin, Harold Burr, and others.
* Continuing the Digital Archive Project: Our collection of old U-matic, VHS and Hi-8 tapes continue to be transferred into digital format for long-term storage, but this process was temporarily halted in anticipation of new "Blu-Ray" high density DVD recording equipment. The research materials I've gathered over these many years, which also include archival information from others, are of great importance to history, and they must be preserved optimally.
These and other experimental efforts will continue at OBRL, and they all require a constant infusion of funds for equipment and supplies, as well as for considerable out-of-pocket expenses. For this, our network of donors is called upon to help out as they can, as the barriers to full participation of orgonomic research in the mainstream scientific institutions are still ever-present, with many prejudices remaining in the "old guard". Thankfully, however, a younger generation of scientists and professionals is moving into the scientific and medical institutions, armed with the facts about Reich's work, educated in part by such institutions as OBRL.
Your Support is Needed Now
In order for OBRL to remain a thriving enterprise, we depend on friends and contacts such as you, and this is where you can make a difference. Please consider helping to fund these ongoing research and educational projects. Such a donation would make a meaningful holiday gift. And if you cannot make a donation, then consider to purchase OBRL's publications, which also provides overall support to the work-efforts.
Donating online is easy and secure and also keeps our administrative costs down. To contribute right now, visit http://www.orgonelab.org/donation
You can indicate the amount you wish to contribute.
OBRL is a 501(c)(3) status organization, and your donation to OBRL is tax-deductible. Please also consider to remember OBRL in your bequests.
You can also send a check to OBRL:
PO Box 1148
Ashland, Oregon 97520 USA
Thanks once again, and have a wonderful Christmas, Hannuka, New Year, and holiday,
James DeMeo, PhD
Director and Founder of OBRL
Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory
Ashland, Oregon, USA
email is today our primary notification method.
If you appreciate getting these materials and have not done so already, and to get "plugged in" to our announcements, please subscribe to OBRL-News or the less-frequent OBRL-Quarterly using the links near the bottom of the OBRL homepage.
The same information presented on the more-frequent OBRL-News is also posted to the OBRL-News Blog, which you can visit at your leisure, here:
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Beginning OBRL's Fourth Decade of Work
Please Support our Research and Educational Efforts.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Nuclear Power Plants and Childhood Lukemia
Scientists say children living near nuclear power plants have a higher risk of cancer
Child Health News
Published: Monday, 10-Dec-2007
Scientists in Germany say young children living near nuclear power plants have a significantly higher risk of developing leukemia and other forms of cancer.
According to reports a study by researchers at the University of Mainz has found a connection between the distance between a child's home and the nearest nuclear power plant and the risk of developing cancer, such as leukemia, before their fifth birthday.
The study was conducted at the request of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BFS) in regions near 21 reactors or former reactors.
In those areas, 77 cases of cancer were found among children under five and 37 children living within a 5-kilometer (3-mile) radius of nuclear power plants had developed leukemia between 1980 and 2003; a 60-percent increase over the national average of 17.
The risk was apparently 117 percent higher when only leukemia was considered.
The report suggests other radiation experts believe the study understates the issue and say there is an increased cancer risk for children living within 50 kilometers of a reactor.
The German Environment Minister Sigmar Gabriel is said to be looking closely at the study but Germany already has plans to prematurely shut down all of its nuclear power plants by the early 2020s.
Another Medical-Fascist Outrage - compulsory flu-shots coming your way
experiment, with Big Medicine getting their grubby paws into the tax
money. Just wait until we have AMA-style socialized medicine. And
of course the corrupted mainstream MDs must use cops with guns to
make the population obey. They should not obey, however. Amazing
that the black "civil rights" people and politicians of today are
deaf and dumb to this, only interested to play political games. Opra,
Obama, Jackson, etc., not a peep from them. MLK,Jr. is spinning in
his grave. J.D.
December 14, 2007
COMPULSORY VACCINATION - FIRST GET THE KIDDIES
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED NOW
MERCK'S CHRISTMAS GIFT:
NEW JERSEY'S KIDS
Think Compulsory Vaccination Can't Happen Here?
It's Already Happening.
NEW JERSEY IS NOW THE FIRST STATE IN THE UNION TO REQUIRE FLU VACCINE
FOR PRESCHOOLERS, PERTUSSUS AND MENINGITIS FOR 6TH GRADERS.
First 2300 poor black kids in Prince George's County, Maryland, a
state that does not have a compulsory vaccination law, were
vaccinated under armed guard on the efforts of a State's Attorney,
Glen Ivey, who does not vaccinate his own kids because of the dangers
involved! Next, New Jersey mandates vaccination of pre schoolers,
the group most immediately vulnerable to neurological damage through
vaccination, with the mercury-laden flu vaccine plus a pneumococcus
vaccine and two other additional vaccinations for 6th graders. The
Commissioner of Health, Dr. Fred Jacobs, noted that he was concerned
about protecting "working moms" from the problems they would face if
their kids got sick [sic!].
The way I see it, however, is that I'd much rather have a kid with a
fever and a short term, self limited illness (which confers immunity
naturally, by the way) than have my life and my kid's life destroyed
by autism or any of the other vaccine injuries: asthma, auto-immune
disease, ADD/ADHD, or all the other cataclysmic - and now emerging -
reactions to dangerous, dirty and ineffective vaccines. How about
Maybe Commisionioner Jacobs is more concerned with protecting his
good neighbors, Merck. You see, Merck Corporate Headquarters is
located in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey. And Fred Jacobs is
leaving his post at the end of December. (Is he going to work for
Big Pharma after resigning "for personal reasons"?)
Whatever his post-Commissioner plans, he sure delivered a wonderful
Christmas present to his friends in Whitehouse Station. You see,
vaccines are expensive to make and become profitable only if they are
used by everyone - that means EVERYONE. Perhaps that's why, with a
$4.85 billion dollar Vioxx settlement facing it, Merck was looking
for a little Christmas cheer. (Although Forbes Magazine says, "If
previous mass tort 'settlements' are any example, Merck (nyse: MRK)
will be spending a lot more than $4.8 billion before it's done.
American Home Products, now part of Wyeth, has reserved $21.1 billion
so far to pay for [phen-fen] diet drug litigation, and the settlement
is in its seventh iteration."*) On December 5, 2007, the Boston Globe
reported that Merck's profit forecast "for this year and next that
fell short of Wall Street expectations." So this little Christmas
Gift to Merck must be welcome, indeed.
Congratulations to a Woman of Conscience!
Only New Jersey Assemblywoman Charlotte Vandervalk (R-Bergen), a
sponsor of a bill (A165) that would allow parents to opt out of the
vaccine mandates by filing a "conscientious exemption" form with the
local health department, voted against these vaccine requirements.
She noted "I'm gravely concerned about what's happening here today."
said the Assemblywoman. "With New Jersey reporting the highest
incidence of autism and a cause yet to be identified, we don't know
what will happen," she said. "What happened to our freedom?"
Thank you Assemblywoman Vandervalk! When you reintroduce your bill in
the new legislature this January, we will be ready to educate
decision makers about what is one of the first true "conscientious
objection" statutes to protect everyone from forced vaccinations!
We've asked our fellow foundation Trustee and counsel, Ralph Fucetola
JD (also a Jersian) to keep a close watch on this developing story,
through his Vitamin Lawyer Health Freedom blog, which you can reach
through our FDA Watch page through our home page,
Read more (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php/?p=473)
WORRIED ABOUT YOUR KIDS AND YOURSELF?
WE THINK YOU SHOULD BE!
At least 6 Federal laws compel vaccination, medication or both for
you and your children at the drop of someone else's opinion about
whether that's what's best for you. I am sure that is NOT OK with
you. It is certainly not OK with the Natural Solutions Foundation.
We are always looking for creative solutions to the issues and
problems facing us as a free society being assaulted on many fronts
by forces that want to take that freedom away. (Can you think of a
better example than the governement forcing drugs or vaccines into
your body or your child's?) We believe that keeping our kids safe
from toxins (and keeping ourselves safe, too) is our right as members
of a Constitutional society. Let's make sure we exercise that right
before it disappears!
Time to Ride the Freedom Mouse
Action Step 1
Write to your State and Federal legislators and tell them that you
want protection from mandatory drugging and vaccination of any type.
Remember, Big Pharma is buying friends left and right. We need to
make sure those "friends" understand how many of us there are and how
much noise we are prepared to make to defend our bodies and our
children. Click here
to tell your legislators that mandatory vaccination is NOT OK and
that we want exemptions on conscience and belief for all who seek
Oh, by the way, looking for help from the American Medical
Association and its doctors? Don't bother. That organization
(perhaps it should be named the "American Mercury Association") has
this to say about exemptions from vaccination:
"H-440.970 Religious Exemptions from Immunizations
Since religious/philosophic exemptions from immunizations endanger
not only the health of the unvaccinated individual, but also the
health of those in his or her group and the community at large, the
AMA (1) encourages state medical associations to seek removal of such
exemptions in statutes requiring mandatory immunizations; (2)
encourages physicians and state and local medical associations to
work with public health officials to inform religious groups and
others who object to immunizations of the benefits of vaccinations
and the risk to their own health and that of the general public if
they refuse to accept them; and (3) encourages state and local
medical associations to work with public health officials to develop
contingency plans for controlling outbreaks in exempt populations and
to intensify efforts to achieve high immunization rates in
communities where groups having religious exemptions from
immunizations reside. (CSA Rep. B, A-87; Reaffirmed: Sunset Report,
I-97; Reaffirmed: CSAPH Rep. 3, A-07)" ** So you can see that your
freedoms of of no real concern. This is especially galling when you
consider how poor the science of vaccination actually is, despite the
continuing hype and glory.
Action Step 2
to support the Child Medication Safety Act, S. 891, which says that
States whose school districts force drugs on children will lose all
Federal funding and that schools are prohibited from using parental
refusal to drug their kids (often on a screening lasting as little as
10 minutes) to initiate child abuse or neglect charges resulting in
criminal charges against the parents, removal of kids to foster
"care" where they are then medicated.
Yours in health and freedom,
Rima E. Laibow, MD
Natural Solutions Foundation
Monday, December 10, 2007
Vigilantes kill 40 women in Iraq's south, try to blow up schoolbus filled with kids.
Vigilantes kill 40 women in Iraq's south
By SINAN SALAHEDDIN, Associated Press Writer
BAGHDAD - Religious vigilantes have killed at least 40 women this year in the southern Iraqi city of Basra because of how they dressed, their mutilated bodies found with notes warning against "violating Islamic teachings," the police chief said Sunday.
Maj. Gen. Jalil Khalaf blamed sectarian groups that he said were trying to impose a strict interpretation of Islam. They dispatch patrols of motorbikes or unlicensed cars with tinted windows to accost women not wearing traditional dress and head scarves, he added.
"The women of Basra are being horrifically murdered and then dumped in the garbage with notes saying they were killed for un-Islamic behavior," Khalaf told The Associated Press. He said men with Western clothes or haircuts are also attacked in Basra, an oil-rich city some 30 miles from the Iranian border and 340 miles southeast of Baghdad.
"Those who are behind these atrocities are organized gangs who work under cover of religion, pretending to spread the instructions of Islam, but they are far from this religion," Khalaf said.
Throughout Iraq, many women wear a headscarf and others wear a full face veil although secular women are often unveiled. Since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein and the rise of a Shiite-dominated government, armed men in some parts of the country have sometimes forced women to cover their heads or face punishment. In some areas of the heavily Shiite south, even Christian women have been forced to wear headscarves.
Before the U.S.-led invasion in 2003, Basra, Iraq's second-largest city, was known for its mixed population and night life. Now, in some areas, red graffiti threatens any woman who wears makeup and appears with her hair uncovered: "Your makeup and your decision to forgo the headscarf will bring you death."
Khalaf said bodies have been found in garbage dumps with bullet holes, decapitated or otherwise mutilated with a sheet of paper nearby saying, "she was killed for adultery," or "she was killed for violating Islamic teachings." In September, the headless bodies of a woman and her 6-year-old son were among those found, he said. A total of 40 deaths were reported this year.
"We believe the number of murdered women is much higher, as cases go unreported by their families who fear reprisal from extremists," he said.
Harith al-Ithari, who works in the Basra offices of the Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, said the conservative religious movement opposed the killings and blamed "gangs with foreign support to destabilize the city."
"There is a concrete religious principle that says that wearing makeup and forgoing the hijab (headscarf) in public is a sin," al-Ithari said. "But killing them is a sin bigger than this one."
Homicide Bomber Strikes School Bus Full of Children at Pakistan Military Base, at Least 5 Wounded
Sunday, December 09, 2007
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - A homicide bomber struck a bus carrying schoolchildren Monday at a military base in northwestern Pakistan, wounding at least five of the children, an army spokesman said.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Palestinian Praise for Hitler -- Anyone Surprised?
Winner who guesses "Hitler" - wins 600 Shekel
Holocaust is not a part of Hitler's history
Not surprisingly, though citing his victories and "bitter" fall in great detail, the Holocaust is not mentioned. This is consistent with Palestinian education in general which erases the Holocaust from history. See recent full PMW report and bulletin on new 12th grade Palestinian history schoolbook, in which many pages are dedicated to the history of World War 2 and even to Nazi racism, but neither Jews nor the Holocaust are mentioned.
Admiration of Hitler in the Palestinian Authority
It may be surprising to Western observers to see official Palestinian radio presenting Hitler heroically. But it is important to understand that the revulsion of Hitler expected in the West is not true in Palestinian society. Palestinians can be found who are named "Hitler" as a first name: Hitler Salah [Al Hayat Al Jadida (Fatah), Sept. 28, 2005], Hitler Abu-Alrab [Al Hayat Al Jadida (Fatah), Jan. 27, 2005], Hitler Mahmud Abu-Libda [Al Hayat Al Jadida (Fatah), Dec.18, 2000.] Articles have appeared in both Fatah and Hamas newspapers which demonstrate Hitler's admired status.
The following is the full text of the "Voice of Palestine" contest in which guessing Hitler's name will win a prize of 600 Shekel, followed by a selection of past articles from both Fatah and Hamas newspapers that have demonstrate Hitler's admired status.
Voice of Palestine - official Palestinian Authority radio, Nov. 27, 2007
[Guess the unknown person -the correct answer is "Hitler"- editor]
"He was a leader and politician, born in 1889 in Braunau, Austria.
He served in the German army during the First World War, was wounded in service and awarded two Medals of Honor.
He joined a small right-wing party in Munich and became the head of this party without a struggle within two years.
In 1923, he attempted to execute a coup but failed. He was arrested, imprisoned and released after serving a year in prison.
In 1933 he became his country's Chancellor, and used the state's mechanisms to crush his political opponents.
He earned his popularity by succeeding to lower unemployment rates and to generate an economic recovery in his country. Later he prepared his country for the Second World War.
His golden year was 1940, when his armies invaded Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg, Holland, and Belgium and defeated France in June 1940.
That year Britain managed to withstand the attacks of his Air Force and he missed the victory over Britain.
His armies conquered Greece and Yugoslavia in 1941.
That year he violated the non-belligerency treaty and attacked Russia. His armies took control of vast Soviet areas.
His armies were defeated in Stalingrad.
He declared war on the United States in 1941. By mid 1942, his country controlled the largest land area in Europe and large parts of North Africa.
The turning point of the war occurred late in 1942, when his forces were defeated in the Battle of Al-Alamein.
Answers should be sent to the address: Ramallah Voice of Palestine, Division of Program [Development], Ramadan [Trivia] Quizthe first prize is 600 NIS."
Admiration of Hitler in the Palestinian Authority newspapers
A Palestinian newspaper chronicled with pride the ways in which different foreign leaders singled out the Palestinians as examples of ideal revolutionaries. The first leader cited for praising the Palestinians was Adolf Hitler:
This phenomenon of Palestinians being named after Hitler, cited above, was explained in an article in the official Palestinian Authority daily praising the rewriting of history and the doing of "justice" to Hitler:
One article explained the phenomenon of naming Palestinians after admired foreign leaders - such as Napoleon and the Nazi General Rommel:
[Al-Ayyam, November 15, 2001 "Woman's Voice" supplement.]
The admiration for Hitler is consistent with the status of Mein Kampf, which a PA daily cited as a book on the best sellers' list.
[Husseini inspects Nazi troops] [Hitler with Husseini]
A contributing factor to this admiration may be the history of the Hitler - Arab alliance during World War 2. The Arab leader in British Palestine, the Mufti Haj Amin al-Husseini, was actively allied with Hitler. The numerous meetings between the Mufti and Hitler are well documented.
Finally, the PA daily published an interview with an elderly Lebanese which described the man's professed friendship with Hitler, as well as his pride in fighting for Hitler: And whereas this is a personal account whose historical accuracy is not important, what is significant is the positive, even proud attitude about his friendship with Hitler, that is being expressed so routinely.
Interview with Sheikh Ali Hussain Abu-Ibrahim, a Palestinian resident of Lebanon who claims he is 116 years old:
Answer: The first was the Hitler event. I met him in Jerusalem in one of the Turkish Army camps, and the friendship between us was very tight. At the time I was a sergeant while Hitler was a simple private. The relationship between us tightened even more once Turkey entered the war together with Germany. The second event was when I participated [with the Nazi army] in entering France and conquering it. I was in charge of the cannon that shelled Paris, which had an active influence on the fall of the French capital and its conquest without any notable resistance. Hitler congratulated me on this shelling and its consequences As an artillery officer I took part in many operations against the English and France, until the end of the Second World-War "
[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida (Fatah), May 12, 2003.]
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Perspectives on Global Conflict - 90% of Muslim War-Dead Killed by Fellow Muslims, only 0.3% in Wars with Israel
FrontPageMagazine.com | Monday, October 08, 2007
The Arab-Israeli conflict is often said, not just by extremists, to be the world's most dangerous conflict - and, accordingly, Israel is judged the world's most belligerent country.
For example, British prime minister Tony Blair told the U.S. Congress in July 2003 that "Terrorism will not be defeated without peace in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine. Here it is that the poison is incubated. Here it is that the extremist is able to confuse in the mind of a frighteningly large number of people the case for a Palestinian state and the destruction of Israel." This viewpoint leads many Europeans, among others, to see Israel as the most menacing country on earth.
But is this true? It flies in the face of the well-known pattern that liberal democracies do not aggress; plus, it assumes, wrongly, that the Arab-Israeli conflict is among the most costly in terms of lives lost.
To place the Arab-Israeli fatalities in their proper context, one of the two co-authors, Gunnar Heinsohn, has compiled statistics to rank conflicts since 1950 by the number of human deaths incurred. Note how far down the list is the entry in bold type.
Conflicts since 1950 with over 10,000 Fatalities*
3 - 4,000,000 Ethiopia, 1962-92: Communists, artificial hunger, genocides
5 - 2,800,000 Korean war, 1950-53
6 - 1,900,000 Sudan, 1955-72; 1983-2006 (civil wars, genocides)
7 - 1,870,000 Cambodia: Khmer Rouge 1975-79; civil war 1978-91
8 - 1,800,000 Vietnam War, 1954-75
9 - 1,800,000 Afghanistan: Soviet and internecine killings, Taliban 1980-2001
12 - 1,100,000 Mozambique, 1964-70 (30,000) + after retreat of Portugal 1976-92
13 - 1,000,000 Iran-Iraq-War, 1980-88
14 - 900,000 Rwanda genocide, 1994
15 - 875,000 Algeria: against France 1954-62 (675,000); between Islamists and the government 1991-2006 (200,000)
16 - 850,000 Uganda, 1971-79; 1981-85; 1994-present
17 - 650,000 Indonesia: Marxists 1965-66 (450,000); East Timor, Papua, Aceh etc, 1969-present (200,000)
18 - 580,000 Angola: war against Portugal 1961-72 (80,000); after Portugal's retreat (1972-2002)
22 - 400,000 Burundi, 1959-present (Tutsi/Hutu)
23 - 400,000 Somalia, 1991-present
24 - 400,000 North Korea up to 2006 (own people)
25 - 300,000 Kurds in Iraq, Iran, Turkey, 1980s-1990s
26 - 300,000 Iraq, 1970-2003 (Saddam against minorities)
27 - 240,000 Columbia, 1946-58; 1964-present
28 - 200,000 Yugoslavia, Tito regime, 1944-80
29 - 200,000 Guatemala, 1960-96
30 - 190,000 Laos, 1975-90
31 - 175,000 Serbia against Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, 1991-1999
32 - 150,000 Romania, 1949-99 (own people)
33 - 150,000 Liberia, 1989-97
34 - 140,000 Russia against Chechnya, 1994-present
35 - 150,000 Lebanon civil war, 1975-90
36 - 140,000 Kuwait War, 1990-91
37 - 130,000 Philippines: 1946-54 (10,000); 1972-present (120,000)
38 - 130,000 Burma/Myanmar, 1948-present
39 - 100,000 North Yemen, 1962-70
40 - 100,000 Sierra Leone, 1991-present
41 - 100,000 Albania, 1945-91 (own people)
44 - 75,000 El Salvador, 1975-92
47 - 60,000 Zimbabwe, 1966-79; 1980-present
48 - 60,000 Nicaragua, 1972-91 (Marxists/natives etc,)
50 - 50,000 North Vietnam, 1954-75 (own people)
51 - 50,000 Tajikistan, 1992-96 (secularists against Islamists)
52 - 50,000 Equatorial Guinea, 1969-79
53 - 50,000 Peru, 1980-2000
54 - 50,000 Guinea, 1958-84
55 - 40,000 Chad, 1982-90
56 - 30,000 Bulgaria, 1948-89 (own people)
57 - 30,000 Rhodesia, 1972-79
58 - 30,000 Argentina, 1976-83 (own people)
59 - 27,000 Hungary, 1948-89 (own people)
60 - 26,000 Kashmir independence, 1989-present
61 - 25,000 Jordan government vs. Palestinians, 1970-71 (Black September)
62 - 22,000 Poland, 1948-89 (own people)
63 - 20,000 Syria, 1982 (against Islamists in Hama)
64 - 20,000 Chinese-Vietnamese war, 1979
65 - 19,000 Morocco: war against France, 1953-56 (3,000) and in Western Sahara, 1975-present (16,000)
66 - 18,000 Congo Republic, 1997-99
67 - 10,000 South Yemen, 1986 (civil war)
This grisly inventory finds the total number of deaths in conflicts since 1950 numbering about 85,000,000. Of that sum, the deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict since 1950 include 32,000 deaths due to Arab state attacks and 19,000 due to Palestinian attacks, or 51,000 in all. Arabs make up roughly 35,000 of these dead and Jewish Israelis make up 16,000.
These figures mean that deaths Arab-Israeli fighting since 1950 amount to just 0.06 percent of the total number of deaths in all conflicts in that period. More graphically, only 1 out of about 1,700 persons killed in conflicts since 1950 has died due to Arab-Israeli fighting.
(Adding the 11,000 killed in the Israeli war of independence, 1947-49, made up of 5,000 Arabs and 6,000 Israeli Jews, does not significantly alter these figures.)
In a different perspective, some 11,000,000 Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, or 0.3 percent, died during the sixty years of fighting Israel, or just 1 out of every 315 Muslim fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent of the 11 million who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.
Comments: (1) Despite the relative non-lethality of the Arab-Israeli conflict, its renown, notoriety, complexity, and diplomatic centrality will probably give it continued out-sized importance in the global imagination. And Israel's reputation will continue to pay the price. (2) Still, it helps to point out the 1-in-1,700 statistic as a corrective, in the hope that one day, this reality will register, permitting the Arab-Israeli conflict to subside to its rightful, lesser place in world politics.
THE JERUSALEM POST
Nov. 30, 2007
This week the Bush Administration legitimized Arab anti-Semitism. In an effort to please the Saudis and their Arab brothers, the Bush administration agreed to physically separate the Jews from the Arabs at the Annapolis conference in a manner that aligns with the apartheid policies of the Arab world which prohibit Israelis from setting foot on Arab soil. Evident everywhere, the discrimination against Israel received its starkest expression at the main assembly of the Annapolis conference on Tuesday. There, in accordance with Saudi demands, the Americans prohibited Israeli representatives from entering the hall through the same door as the Arabs.
At the meeting of foreign ministers on Wednesday, Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni called her Arab counterparts to task for their discriminatory treatment. "Why doesn't anyone want to shake my hand? Why doesn't anyone want to be seen speaking to me?" she asked pointedly. Israel's humiliated foreign minister did not receive support from her American counterpart. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who spent her childhood years in the segregated American South, sided with the Arabs .
Although polite enough to note that she doesn't support the slaughter of Israelis, she made no bones about the fact that her true sympathies lie with the racist Arabs. As she put it, "I know what it is like to hear that you cannot go on a road or through a checkpoint because you are a Palestinian. I understand the feeling of humiliation and powerlessness ." Rice's remarks make clear that for the Secretary of State there is no difference between Israelis trying to defend themselves from a jihadist Palestinian society which supports the destruction of the Jewish state and bigoted white Southerners who oppressed African Americans because of the color of their skin .
It is true that Israel has security concerns, but as far as Rice is concerned, the Palestinians are the innocent victims. They are the ones who are discriminated against and humiliated, not Livni, who was forced - by Rice - to enter the conference through the service entrance.
The Bush administration's tolerance for discrimination against Israel was not merely ceremonial. Diplomatically , the conference was equally prejudicial. At Annapolis, the US joined the Arabs in placing the lion's share of blame for the absence of peace between Israel and the Palestinians on Israel....."
This was a shameful week for America, and worse for Bush. It was a betrayal of the war on terror the Administration claims to be fighting. Hamas, Fatah, the Palestinian Authority, and Saudi Arabia are all on the other side of this war, while Israel, their victim, is a frontline state in the battle for freedom.
If you find this material of value, please donate to OBRL:
Or, purchase books on related subjects from our on-line bookstore:
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational purposes only. [Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml]
If you find this material of value, please donate to OBRL:
Or, purchase books on related subjects from our on-line bookstore:
If you find this material of value, please donate to OBRL: http://www.orgonelab.org/donation
Or, purchase books on related subjects from our on-line bookstore: http://www.naturalenergyworks.net