Dear friends of Reich, Orgonomy and OBRL,
Firstly my personal greetings and thanks for subscribing to our Newsletters and sharing various OBRL news announcements and posts with your own friends and networks. Please also share this one.
Very soon I will be posting up announcements on several new developments you should all find of great interest:
1. A new article in a peer-reviewed science journal, "In Defense of Wilhelm Reich: An Open Response to Nature and the Scientific/Medical Community". This article was co-signed by an international group of 24 different natural scientists and physicians, in response to some terribly malicious statements attacking Reich in one of the leading modern science journals. With effort, we were able to get them to publish a retraction, but it was meager and did not address the larger issues involved. So we persisted and got our original article published in another excellent science journal. It will become available as an on-line download, which will be announced separately once the proofing and posting takes place. Some prior information on this attack was posted here:
2. A new edition of the OBRL Newsletter will be prepared and posted out before the year's end.
3. A new book will also soon be announced, which has been in the works over the last year, with the following preliminary title:
In Defense of Wilhelm Reich: Opposing the 80-Years' War of Sander and Distortion Against One of the 20th Century's Most Innovative Physicians and Natural Scientists.
by James DeMeo
This book will give a timeline summary of Reich's work and discoveries, with a side-by-side discussion of the malicious and sometimes deadly attacks which came as a consequence. It will cover both the period of Reich's lifetime, as well as the period after Reich's death into recent years. Important information will also be included on the primary scientific replications and experimental verifications of Reich's science over the years. It will cover the attacks against him by the Nazis, by the German and Soviet Communist Parties, by the Psychoanalysts, by Mildred Brady and Martin Gardner, the FDA attacks, the CSICOP attacks, the Makavejev film slanders, the recent slanders in Christopher Turner's "Orgasmatron" book, and those within a recent "documentary" film from the UK, with a mention of the many lesser villains in the cast of ugly characters who organized over 80 years to destroy Reich's life and his research legacy. It really is a motley crew of bad actors, who by their very persistence and extreme maliciousness demand an understanding of their motivations, beyond simple "disagreements". And that also is discussed in the book.
Keep alert for future announcements.
In addition to the above publishing activity, research at OBRL has continued. Mostly this has been directed towards a better understanding of the reactions of water to charging within an orgone accumulator. Spectroscopy, water surface tension, and seed-growth responses have been the major methods for documentation, which has led to some rather interesting new findings. More will be written on that in the forthcoming OBRL Newsletter, and of course you can also access and the many on-line resources, YouTube videos and publication downloads available from the following OBRL websites:
Usually this kind of research and publishing is undertaken within the well-financed umbrella of a major university or research institution. But as you will all know, the 80-Years War of slander against Reich's name and work - which resulted in the most outrageous example of government book-burning in American history and Reich's death in prison for daring to stand up for his research findings - has made that kind of open support nearly impossible. So the research activities at OBRL are fully dependent upon our own resources, and the generosity of our supporters.
If you are glad to see this kind of research and public educational activity, please consider to support the OBRL research and educational program by a tax-deductible donation to the non-profit Orgone Biophysical Research Lab (OBRL). You can do this easily by credit card or by PayPal, by using the following link:
Also as a recommended Christmas holiday season present to your friends and family, please consider to gift our books - or to purchase for yourself if you do not yet have them. Especially the updated and revised editions of Saharasia and Orgone Accumulator Handbook contain a lot of new information not found in the early editions.
Below are our primary in-house titles, with a special download link where you can get a PDF Preview of each, showing the covers, Table of Contents, and Indexes. The primary Amazon.com weblink for American customers is given as well, though for Canada, Europe and other nations, you should look for them at other internet outlets in your home regions, to save on shipping charges. They are also available directly from our on-line internet store, frequently with a faster delivery than other retailers: http://www.naturalenergyworks.net
* The Orgone Accumulator Handbook: Wilhelm Reich's Life Energy Science and Healing Tools for the 21st Century, With Construction Plans
* Saharasia: The 4000 BCE Origins of Child Abuse, Sex-Repression, Warfare and Social Violence, In the Deserts of the Old World
* Heretic's Notebook: Emotions, Protocells, Ether-Drift and Cosmic Life Energy, with New Research Supporting Wilhelm Reich
Have a wonderful holiday season, and
Thanks Very Much for your interest and support.
James DeMeo, PhD
Director, Orgone Biophysical Research Lab
Ashland, Oregon, USA